Thursday, November 11, 2010

Top Ten

Being that it's NaBloPoMo or whatever, I thought I better get to it and write something.

I better talk about the biggest thing in my life right now. I'll be moving out east to live with my parents for a while come December.

I know, I know - "Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!?... who have to move back in with their parents because of this awful economy!"

But realistically, I know that's not the reason. And so, I give you my oft referred to "Top Ten Reasons for Moving to Maine":

10. It's cheaper to live with roommates who pay for your food

9. I've never lived in a smaller, college sized town, and I think I should try it before I settle down

8. I want to get a job at the gelato place by my parents house

7. I really like my parents. Seriously. We get along very well, and I'd say they are two of my best friends, and I miss them

6. Safer access to seafood

5. I have cousins that I really like but have never gotten the chance to get to know, and they mostly live within three blocks of my parents

4. Maine is closer to New York and Boston, so if I wanted to try for a job or a school in those places, the trip would be a helluva lot easier

3. I have some people, places, and things, both good and bad, here in Minnesota that I need to distance myself from to get some perspective

2. I have a documentary I have really been wanting to make, and it is set in Maine

1. It's time for a change

1 comment:

Auntie Knickers said...

11. Your parents are really happy you're coming!