Monday, July 14, 2008

Random thoughts Running around in my head today...

...wishing i was there not here...and by "there" i mean anywhere but here...

it's really past time to get rid of that car...

..."if the fish swam out of the water, and grew legs and they started walking"...

...why does this denomination need so many rules?...why does my denomination not have a lot of rules?

...why aren't women's studies classes mandatory for high school and college students?...
why is "aren't" grammatically acceptable in the sentence above, but "are not" in its place would sound stupid?

...how about I not be so shy anymore? you know, around strangers...

why can't I spend my days watching movies and writing instead of working and commuting?

..."if the apes climbed down from the trees, and grew tall and they started talking"...

...I hope winifred is OK...

...is it weird that I want it to be september now when I won't have anytime anymore? at least I wouldn't have so much time to THINK...

..."and the stars fell out of the sky, and my tears fell into the ocean"...

...why do we have to rent space to crazy people?

..."and now I'm looking for a reason why you even set my world into motion"...

1 comment:

Auntie Knickers said...

If you think "are not" sounds stupid in that sentence, you probably shouldn't (or maybe should) read Jane Austen. I believe she frequently used the construction "Are not you...?" I guess it was common back then, but now, idiomatic English seems to require "aren't" in the spoken version. If you were writing something more academic, perhaps "Why are women's studies classes not required...." would work better.