Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Life and Times...

Thought I should post a little, since I haven't done so for a while, but not sure hat to write about...hmmm...

Well, here's what's been going on: 

School: I'm taking four classes (one of which meets twice a week) and I really enjoy all of them, which is great. That's not to say that they all go well all the time - a crummy test score here, a poor filming job there - but I feel pretty stuffed with information at the end of the week.

Church:  I am now on three committees; CE, Stewardship, Centennial Planning.  I like being on committees and helping to plan events and what not, but it also means being required to go to church certain Sundays, which I find makes me want to go less.  I take that as proof that I should not be a minister.

Gym:  I got a membership to the YWCA in January and have been going pretty regularly.  But, I was having a hard time going everyday because i can talk my self out of things pretty easily.  So I made a Lenten Devotion out of it.  I decided that for Lent I am going to go to the Gym at least 5 days a week.  The first week didn't go so well.  I was super sick and since it was hard to breath out of my nose, I decided it better to use the time for sleep.  But this week I've been feeling quite a bit better, and I went Mon. through Thurs. and am going to go today, too!  On Tuesdays and Thrusdays I have a class called Chisel! (there's really an exclamation point) I like i a lot.  It's strength training with some cardio built in and it changes every time s I never get bored. Plus we listen to music that has a good beat to keep you going.  

I discovered that music is the most important part of my workout - surprise surprise.  I went a few weeks without an iPod, and I couldn't believe how hard it was to get going on the exercise bike, not to mention keep going!  Now I am figuring out which songs are the best to keep me motivated and moving fast.  I can't wait for my MNCare stuff to pull through so I can go to the doctor. I really want to know what the deal is with heart rate, cause I have to work really hard to get my heart rate up on the bike.  

Travel:  I decided I needed a vacation, and what with Spring Break coming up, I decided to do something fun, just for me!  So I booked a plane ticket and a hotel for Seattle!  

OK, I know a lot of people go to sunny beaches for S.B., but really, does that sound like something I want to do?  Instead, I'm going to a city  near the ocean, a walkable downtown and lots of fun cultural stuff.  So far my most exciting plan is to see Wings of Desire at the Seattle International Film Festival Cinema, and maybe a few other films as well.  (Don't worry, I'll blog all about that on FilmAching).  The hotel I'm staying at is awesome with a super hip-artsy feel to it.  I'm also going to email a couple people I know out there to try and get together, but really, this is more a trip about me exploring the city by myself, having a nice adventure! 


So, thats' a bit of what's going on with me. I may be a little absent again because I have a 6 page paper due Thursday and a new editing project to work on...not to mention a documentary I'm making for Stewardship...hmmm, I better get cracking...But I'll try to keep you "posted"!

1 comment:

Onkel Hankie Pants said...

Good luck on the documentary! That's one I would like to see when it's finished.