Song Bird posted over at RevGalBlogPals for this week's Friday Five (go to the link for the DL on the impetus for the theme)
...here are five questions about packing to go on a trip.
1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes?
I like to fold. Before I worked in retail I would role, but then I developed almost an anxiety over clothes that don't sit in a nice little stack.
2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big?
I've never lost a liquid - I traveled once recently with only a carry-on, and since it was only for a weekend, it was pretty easy to put things in little tiny containers. The liquids I can't do without are: Aveda's Scalp Benefits Shampoo, Aveda's Smooth Infusion hair stuff (and now that I do my hair curly some days, the Curl Enhancer), face lotion and my neutrogena liquid make-up. I also throw in my other make-up just in case because I would die if they took my lipstick away!!
3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home?
My phone charger. I did that at Christmas. I was able to use my aunt's until she went home, but when I stayed on a few more days, it was awful! All my friends wanted to text about my upcoming party and I had to have my phone off most of the time!
4) Do you have a bag with wheels?
I do. I got a set of three bags back when I was getting ready to come home from New York. They are sand colored and both the bog suitcase and the medium size one which, which is like a duffle bag, have wheels. Very nice, except I don't really need the pull out handle on the big one since it is almost as tall as my waist, so I just drag it by the regular handle!
5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)? Well, I get motion sickness from reading too much, so I stick to magazines for the plane that I can browse through in the few minutes when electronic devices are not allowed. My favorites are Real Simple, Ready Made (DIY tips) and Paste (music, art, film...culture stuff). Otherwise, I'm really more of an iPod user... music, podcasts, tv shows.
Well, this definitely makes me want to take a trip! But the next one on the forecast for me isn't till August But that will be a fun one!!
And in honor of that trip, here's a song about traveling from one of my favorite Michigan artists - Dar Williams!
EDIT: I also just posted on my Experience the Immersion blog - check it out!
Honeymoon Part 3: Return From The Dead
2 months ago