Friday, November 12, 2010

If Anybody Asks You Who I Am

I promised myself another post today, and so here it is.

It's hard for me to write posts, or update my facebook status, or whatever, when I'm feeling low. I guess I just read other people's negative posts and think, wow, that person sounds so sad! But often it's just that that person had a moment of negative thoughts, and they took the opportunity to spit it on on the computer for the whole world to see, and I wonder how you move on from the negativity?

(sorry for the run-on sentence, but I lack the energy for editing tonight)

However, I know that I often feel better when I can voice my frustrations, and I can often come to an understanding of why I have those feelings and grow from that.

For example:

Last night was kind of shitty, and this morning got even worse. I knew I needed to talk to my mom, because, like, duh.

It felt so good to talk about what was bothering me (as well as a lot of stuff that was just interesting to talk about) and it helped me realize a few things. One thing I discovered is that two of my friends, while I love them both dearly, when combined, trigger the feelings of inadequacy I felt as a child growing up with an older brother and sister who were, let's face it, smarter than me in a lot of ways. These are feelings that I don't need to be having anymore, so recognizing that that's what was happening can help me prevent it in the future.

So, there it is. I still feel crappy. But I can hope that tomorrow will be better.

And I don't plan on updating my FB status with some negative BS just so I can spend all day tomorrow responding to peoples a)worried comments or b) similarly negative comments about their own lives.

Are any of us dying of hunger? Or loneliness for that matter? No? Than I think we have a lot to be positive about.

And I'm leaving you with some early Christmas Music. I know, I know. But when I feel down I listen to Christmas music. And my thinking on this one is that it's about Jesus as a baby, and he had to be a baby for more than just the one night!

I've always loved the Neal and Leandra version of this, but I just downloaded (for free!) some Christmas music from Sara Groves and that's what I'm listening to right now, so please listen with me!


1 comment:

Auntie Knickers said...

You no longer need to worry that the sibs are smarter than you. Keep on counting those blessings!
And, did you know that that song was first (or at least, a long time ago) recorded by Nat King Cole? I had always thought it was by some folk singer-songwriter and was really surprised to find it on an NKC Christmas album.