Monday, August 20, 2007

We don't Need no Stinking Sissys!

Well, this is amusing! When I was in 3rd or 4th grade we did a little skit version of "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh", and I played the coach who "read to us from something called Ulysses". The casting of myself in this role holds the #1 spot for most ridiculous casting, the reasoning behind my landing the role being that, in my class of over 20 students, only my parents owned a copy of the book in question. I think that says more about my upbringing then it doesn't.

I think the description is pretty accurate. People do indeed seem to enjoy my vulgarity...




You're Ulysses!

by James Joyce

Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared
to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do
understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once
brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in
the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you
additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Oh, and By the way, I (finally) finished Are you There God? in Michigan, so I will post my thought on that in the next post!

2 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Very interesting that we came out as the same book! I wonder what Cordeliaknits and Sonshine would turn out to be?

Onkel Hankie Pants said...

Well, you do have some Molly Bloomish characteristics - you sing beautifully, for instance. But she was very self centered, and you are one of the most empathetic people I know.