Friday, May 30, 2008

Soybeans and Paprika

On my trip to Iowa I saw lots of Soybean fields. I did not take any pictures, because, quite frankly, I am not used to taking pictures and although beautiful, soybeans do not excite my imagination. I didn't get to take many pictures because of the rush rush of things. This is one of the many things Lydia and I are different in. She is tall, I am short. I have big hips, she, well, not so much. And, she seems to need to do everything at the speed of light, whereas I am very chill, often late and pretty sure there will always be enough time for everything. I like to think we balance each other a bit.

At the restaurant (which was called Rubaiyat) I spoke of in my earlier post seemed to have a thing for paprika. Each plate came with paprika "decorating" the edges. This was amusing, but as they say, "it's all fun and games till someone stains their shirt" which is what happened when some of the red powder got on Lydia's shirt.

Here is a picture of Lydia on her graduation day with her Swedish mother and Scottish father. The Purple cord is for Women's Studies which she minored in and she is also wearing a little Social Work pin which was her major. Congratulations Lyd!!

No comments: