Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One Singular Sensation

There is nothing like the feeling you get when your candidate has won. Nothing. It is a singular sensation.

Yesterday I had this feeling like I hadn't found my song. Some days have songs, and there were a lot of songs running through my head, but none of them was 'the' song, ya know? But it hit me this morning...



...that's how I felt all day yesterday--so excited at the possibilities that lay in front of us, but so scared of the possibility that it could all blow up in our faces.

Then this morning I woke up and I thought, "there's my song!" I had it on the tip of my tongue when I woke up, but it quickly slipped away. I worked at finding it again as I got ready for work..."Woot! Woot! Said he's leaving..." no, that's obviously not it, I just like the 'woots'. "Morning glow, by your light..." nope, that's not it either. hmmm...

wait! I've got it!



(side note: I wish you could hear the young man I went to school with in New York sing this song...Beautiful, tall, dancer, African-American man who was still discovering his voice...he was having a difficult time connecting with the emotion of the song...until the teacher asked him to imagine the way he felt at the end of a dance. Breath taking.)

So, if you have a song to sing today, let me know! It is definitely a day for singing from the rooftops!

No comments: