Friday, January 9, 2009

Interlude: New Year, Old Love

About a month ago I told you about the Neal and Leandra Christmas concert I went to. That was such a great night, and one of the best parts was meeting them and their daughter and getting to take a picture!



Leandra was wearing a beautiful jacket with beading and a two piece black velvet number with lace trim! Gorgeous! Their daughter was even wearing a Hanna dress! (where I used to work...in fact, that was one of my favorite holiday dresses!)

Every Christmas I try to get to this concert. It is always so beautiful, and fun too! When I was in about 8th grade, we went to their Christmas concert, and Leandra was wearing a ball-gown skirt. It was absolutely amazing and beautiful. Now, I know this is going to sound silly, but keep in mind that I was at a very awkward age - I think it was the first time that it hit me that just because I was(am) an alto, doesn't mean I have to put on a masculine air. I know, silly, right? But I was going through this phase where I wore a lot of old army gear and I always acted really tough. But Leandra has this really chocolaty alto voice, she often sings lower than Neal in harmonies, and their she was, dressed like a princess!

Well, nothing would do but for me to have a ball gown skirt, too! Of course, I didn't take into account that Leandra has about a foot on me and is a lot *ahem* narrower than I. The skirt looked pretty silly I think, but it didn't really matter. It made me feel pretty.

So, needless to say, I now always wait with bated breath to see what Leandra will wear this year! And she never disappoints!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that Hanna dress, too, my daughter used to wear it!