Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Meme Time!

My Cousin Amanda did this as a note on Facebook, but I thought it would be fun as a meme here on my blog! So without further ado, here we go!

The Rules:
1.) Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2.) Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3.) Post them in a note for everyone to guess.
4.) Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed and the movie.
5.) NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions.

1)Oh, no, no, no, no, no. I can't stand it! It's too easy! The child is in love with a human. And not just any human. A prince!

2)I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

3)Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for *you*! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?

4)End, begin, all the same. Big change. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad.

5)If you say anything, about politics, or the campaign, or what speech you have to give, or anything, I swear to God I'm gonna stab you with this fork.

6)I know. She's heading an expedition to China shortly. I'm to go as her servant. But only on the understanding that I am to be very badly treated.

7)You know, there's nothing I like better than to meet a high-class mama that can snap 'em back at ya. 'Cause the colder they are, the hotter they get. That's what I always say. Yes, sir, when a cold mama gets hot, boy, how she sizzles. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

8)You've made a mistake. He's a good kid. I understand. You're hot, you're super f***ing pissed. We're all real emotional. But you're barking up the wrong tree. I know this man. He wouldn't do that.

9)Now, get this, you double-crossing chimpanzee: There ain't going to be any interview and there ain't going to be any story. And that certified check of yours is leaving with me in twenty minutes. I wouldn't cover the burning of Rome for you if they were just lighting it up.

10)...in marrying your nephew, I should not consider my self as quitting that sphere. He is a gentleman, I am a gentleman's daughter. So far we are equal.

11)Don't put it in your pocket, sir. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky quarter.

12)No, no, no. A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.

13)No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

14)On the evening of October 7, 1989 several hundred people got together for some evening exercise and marched for the right to go for walks without the Berlin Wall getting in their way.

15)I will step outside the church if that's what needs to be done, till the door should shut behind me!

16)Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye.

17)The Wong boys were taunting me about my parents' divorce. You beat the crap out of them. You were wearing a Kristy McNichol t-shirt, tan cords and a pageboy. You spilled your mom's groceries. We scooped them into a bag

18)I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child.

19)When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?

(This last one may be the toughest, so I'll give you a hint...it's from my favorite film of all time!) 

20)Our teacher says that God loves the blind more because they can't see. But I told him if it was so, He would not make us blind so that we can't see Him. He answered "God is not visible. He is everywhere. You can feel Him. You see Him through your fingertips."  Now I reach out everywhere for God till the day my hands touch Him and tell Him everything, even all the secrets in my heart.

Well, there you have it!  If you can guess any (or all!) do so in the comments.  If you want to play along, get your own blog!  J/K...but seriously, why don't you have a blog yet?  Anyway, I'm gonna tag AuntieKnickers for this one, but no one else.  And Auntie, you can keep it to 10 if you need to, even I had a hard time coming up with 20!  I'll post my answers in a week!

4 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

6, Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson one)
10. Pride and Prejudice
11. No country for Old Men
13. A Christmas Story
20 (that Iranian movie I can't remember the name of!)

Auntie Knickers said...

Oh, and #1 -- The Little Mermaid? And now I recognize the quote from MILK.

Onkel Hankie Pants said...

Well, I would guess some version of "The Front Page" for #9.

Anonymous said...

Not only is #1 from the Little Mermaid, as your mom already guessed, it's Ursula! :)

And other than the other ones that she got, there are soo many that are on the tip of my tongue. *sticks tongue out* Can you see them?