Friday, June 22, 2007

This Sunday and Next Week-How Exciting!

After a few weeks (ok, more like a month or two) hiatus, I will be going to Church this Sunday. The funny thing is that I will not be going to Lynnhurst UCC, where I am a member, but instead to Prospect Park United Methodist, where I am the secretary. I am going for two reasons;

1. because it is nice for people to see my face and feel I am a part of their community
2. because I have been asked to sing and, with some trepidation, have said yes

I will be singing Evening Star, a beautiful folksong/hymn that we sing at Family Camp about learning from nature how to behave in the world-at least that's how I see it. I will only sing a few verses because the morning is going to be very full of music with many hymns by a lyricist parishioner.

It is also PRIDE Sunday, so there will be a guest preacher and lots of rainbows! In case you didn't know, the Twin Cities has the largest PRIDE festival in the Midwest and the third largest in the country!

Then next Tuesday, both AuntieKnickers (MommyKnickers to me I suppose) and CordeliaKnits will be arriving for a week or two of pure fun! Many people would not be as excited about there mother and sister coming for a visit, but since I will not have to feed or house them much, I am psyched! Plus, on Friday or Saturday we will be heading up to Luck for the aforementioned Family Camp. WooHoo!!

2 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Now I wish I were coming to town a little earlier -- but I am sure I will get to hear you sing at camp, and I will even be allowed to sing (or croak) along!

Onkel Hankie Pants said...

Enjoy Family Camp, but don't knock down any little kids in your frenzied hunt for the Nisseman.