Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hot, Sticky and Psyched!

Today is the day! My mom and my sister are arriving from the east coast in just a few hours. I am very excited, although it looks like my mother's flight may be a bit late...as in two hours, although I do not understand how that is possible since the computer said it left on time and it is just coming from Chicago. We shall see.


In the meantime I am waiting in the air conditioned Riverview Cafe having an iced chai. Last I checked it was 95 here in the cities.


I have updated my recent films list. This morning I watched Shop Girl written by Steve Martin with Claire Danes and that guy from Rushmore (as well as Martin himself). It was good, a sort of romantic drama without any real huge conflicts, just life (not my life, but someone's I'm sure). I would recommend this movie only if you can handle awkward situation, which I can't really. Still, the cinematography was awesome with LA playing a kind of character of its own. I loved the music, although it seemed a bit sinister in comparison to the plot. If you see it or have seen it, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should watch The Imposters, I hear it's really good.