Sunday, March 9, 2008

loan money!!

Here is more on why I hope to be a better blogger.

In January, I applied for another loan from the Minnesota Higher Education Board. This is and was to make up for the fact that when I applied for my loan last fall, I was not yet in the film making program, and it is more then $600 more expensive in tuition alone, not to mention the supplies and software you have to get. So, I put the request in on January 17th (the school has a record of this). They said to allow three weeks.

After three and a half weeks I called The MHEB to see if they had sent it to the lender for disbursement yet, and they said that they had no record of it. SO! I called the school and they said, give it till Friday.

On Friday I checked and still no luck. So the woman at the financial aid desk gave the number of the woman handling it. I called that woman three times on three different days and left messages which were never returned. I then called her supervisor who informed me that she was working through a pile of a different kind of loan before my kind of loan. It should ONLY take another week. Six weeks had gone by before the loan was certified and sent to the lender. I received my loan in the mail yesterday. In case you weren't keeping track, we are heading in to week 8 of my ordeal. I cannot imagine what I would have done if I did not have an outside job, something many of my classmates don't.

So, how does this affect blogging? One of the things I hope to get with my loan money is a computer and some sort of internet connection at home. When I can't sleep in the middle of the night, I can blog!! Woohoo (for you!)!!

No comments: